Have you ever had a customer that seemed to reject nearly everything that you were presenting? We all have. Research on the customer’s buying decisions has revealed that a customer’s resistance may not be caused by what you present. It could be the sequence of your sales presentation.
Our research has shown 76% of sales presentations are out of sync with buying decisions. When making a major purchase decision, your customer goes through a process of five sequential decisions.
- SALESPERSON – Customers decide if they like and can trust you.
- COMPANY – What is your company’s reputation? Is your company a good match for them?
- PRODUCT – Is your product the right solution for their needs?
- PRICE – Is your solution competitively priced? Is it a good value?
- TIME TO BUY – Is now a good time for them to move forward with the purchase?
About Duane Sparks
Duane Sparks is founder and chairman of The Sales Board, the authoritative source of practical and leading-edge information about the art and science of selling. He has created Action Selling sales training products and learning systems that transform sales organizations. Duane is author of these best-selling books: Action Selling, Selling Your Price, Questions (the Answer to Sales), Masters of Loyalty (How to turn your sales force into a loyalty force), and Sales Strategy from the Inside Out (How complex selling really works).
Discover how the best sales training process can make spectacular improvements in sales skills. Action Selling: How to Sell Like a Professional (Even If You Think You are One).