Action Selling Research and History
In 1990, under the direction of author Duane Sparks, Action Selling was created. The company began with the question: Which selling skills have the greatest impact on sales productivity? “You can’t teach anyone 100 different things to focus on,” said Sparks. You need to have a finite number of skill improvement areas to work on.” After five (5) years of research, a short list of Critical Selling Skills emerged as the most important sales productivity boosters.
Since 1995, more than 350,000 salespeople have been assessed, trained, certified, and then measured to validate this research. No other company has developed anything remotely comparable to this database of skill measurement and corresponding performance change.
The knowledge gained from research has been completely incorporated into the Action Selling training process. Action Selling has accomplished these major sales training innovations:
- Identified the Five Critical Selling Skills that are trainable, measurable, and have the greatest impact on performance change.
- Action Selling training systems transfer more skill into the field than any other sales training methodology.
- Created the first and only validated assessment system for measuring and writing prescriptions for skill improvement.
- The best documented sales methodology in the sales training space.
- Embedded Best-in-Class adult learning principles into a seamless sales training system.
- Cloud-based learning reinforcement, field exercises, sales call planning tools and assessment allow learning to occur anytime and anywhere.
- Reinforcement systems that fit every learning style.
- Continuous Research proves that once salespeople become Action Selling certified their performance improves at six times the rate of salespeople who are not trained on Action Selling.