Sales White Papers
These information-packed, sales training articles combine Action Selling principles with the 5 Critical Selling Skills and adult learning methods & techniques. Each article featured below is straight talk on what you need to do when it comes to training your sales force.
The New Wave of Private Equity
Sometimes we make things too darn complicated. I’ve always found that even though we may
use very sophisticated methods for analyzing a business problem, in the end we find that the
solution lies in the basics. That’s exactly what I saw when my company got involved with
helping private-equity companies improve their win rates.
Big Data-Driven Sales Training Report For Your Industry
Every company wants to grow sales. Unfortunately, when sales training is deployed as a solution, it fails to deliver results 90% of the time. After decades of research, Big Data finally shows us what to do.
Can Sales Training Big Data Answer Big Questions?
If you’re looking for sales training, New Big Data reveals the right approach to designing sales training that produces maximum business results. Are you asking any of these Big Questions?
- What sales skills are proven to create the greatest improvement in sales performance?
- How enormous is the sales skill deficiency that exists within my sales team?
- How can I tell which individuals on my team lack critical sales skills?
- Why is the ultimate solution to embed these selling skills in every customer-contact employee (not just salespeople)?
The New Role that Drives Sales Leader Value
Sales leadership might be the toughest job in any company. Like any executives, we have more work to do than time to do it. But, in sales, the stakes are incredibly high. Just like people need oxygen to survive, companies need top-line revenue; without the top line, there can’t be a bottom line. What’s more, in sales there is nowhere to hide: What’s more visible than a leader who isn’t hitting sales numbers?
It's Time to Redefine Selling
A lot of people in the sales-training industry will tell you that the internet has revolutionized the salesperson’s role in ways that require you to do all sorts of outlandish things. so, what needs to change today about the way your company trains its sales teams?
Here Comes the Bandwagon
Lately a lot of people in the sales-training industry have been making some pretty remarkable claims. As a jumping-off point, they usually start with this premise: Because customers now have so much access to information on the internet, the role of the salesperson has changed.
Hard to argue with that one, isn’t it? Things quickly get bizarre, however, because after pointing out so helpfully that the internet exists, these deep thinkers proceed to use the fact of the net’s existence to justify practically any claim that suits their purposes.
5 Great Ideas to Survive Your First 18 Months
(and the) 10 Most Dangerous Pitfalls to Avoid
New research shows that as a New Sales Leader you’ve just got 18 Months to figure it out. Learn what YOU need to do before the honeymoon is over.
New White Paper by Duane Sparks, author of Best Selling Book, Action Selling outlines the 5 most important things to do and explains the 10 pitfalls to avoid.
Based on solid research, you’ll learn the most important things you must do right away to avoid the 18-month revolving door! Register for your FREE copy.
90% of All Sales Training Fails
The Problem & The Solution
Investing in sales training for your sales force seems like a perfectly sensible business practice. It must be a smart thing to do; after all, sales training is estimated to be a billion-dollar industry. But this billion-dollar industry has a failure rate approaching 90%. So why would any company want to waste training dollars and everyone’s time doing something that has a one-in-ten chance of producing a significant payback? Download this article to read about what you can do to get your business in the top 10% that have significant long-terms gains from effective sales training. Topics discussed: Why Train Your Sales Force? Problem A: Wrong Content Problem B: Rejected By Salesperson Problem C: Ineffective Transfer The Solution
Can You Triple Your Sales Growth In This Economy?
How to Supercharge Your Sales
Supply Chain Services Inc. (SCS) of Stillwater, Minnesota is a small private company with about 25 employees. It is 11 years old. It does business-to-business sales. It faces many of the same challenges that your company probably does. Yet it has grown dramatically despite the rotten economy since the crash of 2008.
The full article details exactly how SCS got an enormous lift from sales training. How they changed Company Culture and positioned for even greater sales growth. Learn more about the success of SCS.
When The Selling World Isn't Flat
Can Complex Selling Be Made Simple?
85% of selling situations are “complex.” That is, there are multiple buyer types to deal with and a selling process that involves several steps or milestones. Salespeople will be more effective if they learn how to uncover the decisive factors that are unique to each buyer. Download this sales article to learn more about multiple buyer types and how their different criteria, motivation, and needs affect how you should approach the sale.
5 Secrets To Record Breaking Sales
What Top Performers Do That Others Don’t
Research shows that salespeople will never reach their full potential without using the right skills within a well-defined sales process. Unfortunately for many salespeople, knowing what selling skills to use and how/when to use them are like elusive secrets that are never exposed … Until Now! This white paper reveals the most common mistakes salespeople commit and how to get your sales force on the road to producing record-breaking sales.
Is Your Sales Training Worth The Money?
If You Can’t Measure It, Don’t Do It
Sales Training Gives Company an ROI of 14:1 Most companies have no idea what their sales training is worth. If You Can’t Measure It, Don’t Do It! Locked inside every company is an asset that represents its greatest investment opportunity and its best chance to achieve dramatic revenue gains. A dollar invested in this asset can return more than $3 in 90 days and almost $14 in a single year. Find out how one company grew profits by $2.4 million in 90 days.
A Loyalty Force
How to Transform a Sales Force into a Loyalty Force – Article Featured in Future Pharmaceuticals vol. 3, 2009
Mike Capaldi, Associate Vice President for Sales Training and Leadership Development at sanofi-aventis, interviews Duane Sparks, Chairman and Founder of The Sales Board and creator and author of Action Selling, about the trends related to sales in the pharmaceutical field and how to transform a sales force into a loyalty force. This article is also available to listen to from our Sales Training Podcasts page.
The Hunter/Farmer Paradigm Is Dead
How a New Breed of Sales Pros Can Change the Game
So-called experts claim that there are two types of business developers: Farmers and Hunters. You’re either one or the other. Consequently, you fit one type of sales position or the other: new account rep or current account rep. If you see anyone heading in the same direction on a topic like this, they are usually all wrong. This article explains the confusion on the hunter/farmer sales model and what you need to do to make the leap from Hunters and Farmers to 2.0 Sales Pros? Learn How To: Elevate your team’s performance Create a well-documented, effective sales process Train on the sales skills that have the most impact Transfer skills into consistent field success
Top Training Method to Achieve Record Breaking Sales
25 Critical Elements to Effective Learning
If sales management and trainers are to cultivate maximum revenue and profit growth, a healthy adult learning environment must exist whereby salespeople are motivated to learn … This white paper describes the requirements for an effective adult learning environment and answers the question: “What is the most effective/efficient methodology for training a sales organization?”
Price Competition Study
Escaping the Price Trap!
In today’s global economy, salespeople are under pressure like never before to match or beat lower prices from competitors, domestic and foreign. When they do, their sales margins shrink, resulting in lower profits for their companies and lower commission-based earnings for themselves. This white paper is about effective strategies salespeople can adopt to protect their profits and company margins when faced with the issue of reducing their price to win the sale.
Is Your Sales Force Obsolete?
Don’t Just Train. Train and Certify
Companies send their sales reps to various training programs from time to time, and they pick up some useful techniques. But there is no systematic process – no unifying framework – that allows salespeople to adapt to changing conditions, build upon and refine their skills, and keep getting better at their jobs. They grow just so far, and then they hit a plateau – or slide slowly into obsolescence. Experience alone will not allow you to avoid the pitfalls. Learn what other companies are doing to maintain a competitive advantage and what you need to do now.